Proceeds from the event go toward a life-saving treatment for veterans and first responders suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress. This treatment is called a Stellate Ganglion Block which immediately helps to cure post-traumatic stress (PTS).
When: Sunday, November 7th
Where: The United Center in the Atrium
Parking: Parking is provided. Enter on Wood street entrance off Madison and Wood.
Time: Doors Open at 8am
Event Time: 9am – 10:30am
Things to Know
- Live DJ will motivate us during our one-hour workout.
- All guests over the age of 11 coming to the United Center will need to show either proof of full vaccination or proof of a negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test prior to the event. The negative COVID-19 PCR or antigen test must occur within 48 hrs. of Chicago Bulls and Chicago Blackhawks games and be time stamped. Click here to read the United Center’ requirements.
- Water, coffee and bananas will be provided at the event.
- Jump ropes will be provided if you do not have your own.
- Individual Jumpers: We ask for a $22.00 minimum raise.
- Individual Jumpers can also seek out contributions with a $220.00 total donation.
- Corporate Sponsors : The is $2200.00 for a corporate team, contact email@example.com.
- Event Lead by Katalin Rodriguez Ogren, the Owner of POW! GYM Chicago (powgymchicago.com / @powgymchicago) and the original Kitana, Mileena and Jade in Mortal Kombat 2. For over 20 years, POW! GYM Chicago has offered dynamic and inspirational adult and kids classes.
- Main event host is Mark Doyle, Founder of Rags of Honor.
- Event DJ is DJ Doug, who has supported Jump for Vets since the beginning. He brings the energy to motivate us on our Sunday morning jump event.
Chicagoland veterans suffering
from PTSD need our support
22 veterans die by suicide every day.
Every day, across America 22 veterans take their own life. Over 150,000 veterans are chronically homeless and in 2020 calls to veteran suicide prevention hotlines rose 15% nationwide.
A $1,500 shot can help, but it’s not covered by insurance.
The Stellate Ganglion Block procedure costs $1800 and sadly neither the VA or civilian health insurance currently cover the cost.
Nearly 15,000 Chicagoland veterans suffer from PTS.
There are 300,000 veterans living in Cook County and as many as 15,000 are suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress or Injury.
Our goal is to provide treatment for every Chicagoland veteran in of help with post traumatic injury.
Too many veterans throughout Chicago and Cook County are in need of this life saving procedure and our goal is to keep working until we get all of them the help they need.
What is the Stellate Ganglion Block?
PTSD is much better understood today thanks to physicians like Dr. Eugene Lipov. According to Dr. Lipov PTS is a biological trauma. It is measurable, it is not invisible. It is an injury,not a disorder. Once we accept it is an injury, we can look at long-term treatments. The Stellate Ganglion Block (SGB) is a treatment with very high success. The SGB restores the “fight or flight” portion of the brain to its pre-trauma state. Simply put, post-traumatic stress conditions is an injury to the sympathetic nervous system that renders it overactive and very sensitive. Once this injury is properly treated, then PTS symptoms significantly minimize and vanish usually within 24 hours of treatment. Read more.